Why Garlic is good for you
Garlic is nature’s gift for good health and adds an unbelievable flavour to the food. Various studies and researchers have found that garlic is good for health and is beneficial in curing various health problems. Besides studies there are many saying to like garlic is as good as 10 mothers and garlic a day keep sickness at bay which clearly proves its medicinal values.
The only drawback in garlic is its pungent smell but the qualities of Garlic cannot be over hidden due to this smell. Read on to know more about the health benefits of garlic
· To treat skin infections: The chemical ajoene found in garlic may help treat fungal skin infections like ringworm and athlete’s foot.
· Reduce blood pressure: The Allicin in garlic helps in reducing blood pressure. The polysulphides present in it are converted into a gas called hydrogen sulphide by the red blood cells and hydrogen sulphide dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
· Control diabetes: It is good for diabetic patients as garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels.
Toothaches: Its antibacterial and analgesic properties can help relieve toothaches. Just put some crushed garlic and clove directly on the affected tooth.
· Aphrodisiac property: Garlic stirs up passion due to its ability to increase the blood circulation.
· Prevents Cancer: Certain studies in China have shown that it contains chemicals (allyl sulphides) that prevent cancer. Daily intake of garlic has been found to lower risk of most types of cancer.
· Improve iron metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase production of ferroportin (Ferroportin is a protein which helps in iron absorption and release) and help improve iron metabolism.
· Antibacterial properties: Garlic is well-known for its antibacterial properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast and worm infections. It helps in treating fungal skin infections; help the body fight against allergies, curing the wounds, in treating throat irritations and disorders of the lungs like asthma, difficulty of breathing.
· Weight loss: According to recent research, garlic may help to regulate the formation of fat cells in our body.
· Healthy Heart: It has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides and total cholesterol and reduce arterial plaque formation. It increases the levels of high density lipo-proteins & reduces harmful cholesterol in the blood & keeps arteries and heart healthy.
So how about including this wonder food in your diet?