A new study has revealed that chocolate can add sugar and spice to your romantic life, as it can boost a man’s bedroom performances for up to six hours!
Belgium scientists say that chocolates are good for sex because the natural antioxidants found in cocoa helps maintain elasticity in blood vessels that promotes blood flow to the ‘vital areas’. The study also found that eating ten grams of dark chocolate produces a positive effect and an after antioxidant flavanol intake increases blood flow to vessels that lasts six to eight hours.
Besides this chocolates have many other health benefits too. Read out to know about these health benefits of chocolates:
- Regular chocolate eaters welcome a host of benefits for their hearts, including lower blood pressure, lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and a lower risk of heart disease.
- Dark chocolate act as appetite suppressant and can actually help keep you full, so you’ll eat less.
- The type of antioxidants called flavonoids found in dark chocolate offer some protection from UV damage from the sun.
- Cocoa has anti-clotting, blood-thinning properties that work in a similar way to aspirin.
- Studies have also found that chocolate may also increase blood flow to the retina, thereby giving vision a boost.
- Cocoa contains a compound called pentameric procyanidin, or pentamer, which disrupts cancer cells’ ability to spread.
- A study in Italy, found that eating chocolate increases insulin sensitivity, which reduces the risk of diabetes.
- One of the sweet’s chemical components theo bromine found in chocolate, seems to reduce the activity of the vagus nerve, the part of the brain that triggers coughing fits.
- Harvard researchers found that eating chocolate actually adds two years to your life expectancy.