2012 marked the returned of many thirty–plus Bollywood divas. The actress proved that post 30 is not the wrong age for getting back to the silver screen.
- Sridevi The actress made her comeback with English Vinglish. The film did extremely well at the box office and the hawa-hawai girl emerged as the most-admired Bollywood actress according to a mobile survey.
- Juhi Chawla She made her comeback to the screen with a humourous role in Son of Sardaar. Juhi shared screen with one of her favourite co-stars Sanjay Dutt after 13 years.
- Rani Mukerjee Rani returned to the big screen with Aiyaa and Aamir Khan starrer, Talaash. The actress lost weight and also learnt belly dancing for Aiyaa, but the film was a damp squib and bombed at the box office.
- Preity Zinta Preity's first production venture and comeback film Ishkq in Paris was set to release in 2012 but the movie got delayed. Still the 37 year old actress is very positive about the much awaited film.
- Karisma Kapoor The 38 year old relaunched her career with director Vikram Bhatt's 3D thriller Dangerous Ishq. The film was unsuccessful at the box office.