Known as ‘Arandi Kaa Tel’ in Hindi, Castor oil is extracted by pressing the seeds of the castor plant, also known as Ricinus communis . It has been around for a very long time, and has been widely used for medicinal purposes and in various cosmetics, soaps, textiles, massage oils owing to the fact that it has plenty of benefits for your skin and hair. Read on to know how using castor oil can do wonders to your skin and hair
Warm the castor oil and massage into your hair and scalp to improve the blood circulation to your follicle to promote faster hair growth. Since it contains omega-6 fatty acids too so it will nourish your hair as well.
- Because of anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties it helps to clear up dandruff and other scalp conditions quickly.
- If you apply castor oil on the ends of your hair for half an hour before shampooing you’ll soon forget about dry, split ends.
How to use: The consistency of castor oil is too thick so you can mix it with coconut oil or sweet almond oil in proportion 1:1.
- Castor oil works as a great moisturizer for dry skin as it penetrates deep into the skin, it is effective at treating dry, flaky skin patches.
- Gentle massage your skin with a few drops of castor oil in circular motion daily at night before going to sleep to reduce the appearance of crow’s-feet, wrinkles and fine lines.
- It contains protein, vitamins and fatty acids that nourish the hair follicles and promote hair growth.This follicle-stimulating and nourishing oil helps thicken the hair of your brows as well as lashes too. Dip a cotton swab in castor oil and rub it into your eyebrows and lashes each night before you go to bed.
- Mix some oil with a little baking soda and rub well on the warts and moles, repeat regularly to get rid of them.
- Brittle nails
Just massage your nails with castor oil before going to bed see your nails transform from brittle to healthy in less than 2 weeks.
- Treat Ringworms
Castor oil contains a compound called undecylenic acid, which is a very effective treatment for the fungal skin infection, ringworm.