Make some Rice Phirni this Baisakhi
Phirni is our favourite. The crushed rice make this dessert more yummy and creamy. Here is how to make this exotic dessert quickly,
Milk full cream 1000ml.
Saffron 10 thread
Green Cardamom 30gm. (powder)
Dry fruits Mix 20gm (almond, cashew, pistachio)
Kasoray 5 to 6 no.
- Soak rice in water for an hour, than place in mixer grinder add little water and grind till it became semi fine paste, still coarse.
- Take a heavy bottom wide pan add milk and bring into boil, take out one table spoon warm milk and add five thread of saffron for soaking.
- Keep boiling the milk for three to four minutes and then add rice paste, stir with whisk well to avoid lumps, lets cooked for ten more minutes in simmer.
- Once rice is cooked add sugar and saffron mixed well till sugar dissolved finished with cardamom powder and pour in kasoray and garnish with nuts and remain saffron thread.
- Chill in a refrigerator for an hour before serving.
By Chef Rajender Bhandari, Corporate Chef, SRS 7 Dayz.