Here are some beauty slangs that you must know:
The language of beauty is influenced by all sorts of crazy places.If you are aware of the term “On-fleek” and “beat down” then you must be following a number of bloggers on Instagram. But for others who have recently started following the makeup videos and tutorials ,here are the need-to-know words and phrases.
- Dupe – Dupe is used for products that are duplicates and are less expensive.
Use: I want a dupe for that lip color.
- Beat face– It is a term used to describe thoroughly applied makeup from every angle of the face. It recently became popular in the beauty world.
Use: I will give you a beat face now.
- On-fleek – This is a term which describes a beauty look that is absolutely perfect. It is also used in reference to fashion
Use: Every look of hers is on-fleek.
- Baking – No, it is not the type of baking involved in cooking. It means heavily dusting on loose powder and allowing it to soak the facial oil for a matte finish.
Use: Baking my face every day makes it look oil-free.
- HG- It is the abbreviation for Holy Grail. This is used for makeup products that are essential for your skin.
Use: It is my HG concealer that hides my dark circles.
- Hitting the pan –This term is used for the action of pressing a product like a shadow or foundation so much that you use it until you reach the end of its container.
Use: I love this shade so much, that I’ve hit the pan with it
- Slaying- Slaying is doing something well.
Use: A beginner’s guide to slaying your makeup
- Cut crease
A supersharp line of shadow drawn across the eye crease to define and accentuate it.
Use: Natural cut crease makeup look with cat eyeliner