Because Panner Tikka is a forever favourite!
Celebrate India’s freedom with this mouth watering dishes with a tricolor presentation. This tri-colour recipe is not only for nation lovers but an indulgence for food lovers too.
- Paneer 450 grams
- Green chutney 4 tablespoons
- Khoya 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Saffron 5-6 threads
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Hung curd 1 cup
- Besan 2 tablespoons
- Ginger-garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 4 tablespoons
- Green chillies chopped 3-4
- White pepper powder 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Melted butter for basting
- Grate 100 grm of cottage cheese and cut the remaining into one-and-a-half- inch cubes. Slice each cube into three layers without cutting through. In a bowl, mix together the khoya, saffron and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the grated cottage cheese, chilli powder and salt. Take a cottage cheese cube, spread the green chutney over the first layer, the khoya mixture on the second layer and the cottage cheese mixture on the third layer.
- Mix together the yogurt, gram flour, ginger-garlic paste, fresh coriander, green chillies, white pepper powder and lemon juice in a deep bowl.
- Add the stuffed cottage cheese cubes and mix gently so that all the cubes are evenly coated with the marinade. Set aside for half an hour.
- Thread the cottage cheese cubes a little apart onto skewers and roast in a tandoor for five to six minutes, basting them with melted butter once in between.
- Serve hot with onion rings and lemon wedges.
Recipe by: Ssence, The Suryaa