In India every two minute a crime against women is reported. It seems Women’s safety is not the main priority if our government and police forces. Also since we are responsible for our own safety here are a few things to follow:
1. Where ever you go, carry a pepper spray with you and keep it handy so that whenever there is any kind of problem you can immediately take it out.
2. Always hold your bag as tightly especially in a public transport and use it immediately to hit your predator.
3. While you are traveling in an auto alone, make sure you share the auto number with somebody in your family even if it’s during the day.
4. While walking on a road, keep your mobile phone handy but avoid using it much as it makes you less alert.
5. If you have booked a cab, always share your coordinates with somebody.
6. While you are in office, avoid going to isolated areas with no CCTV cameras.
7. When you park your car always look beneath, especially at night or at a less-crowded area.
8. Whenever you are posting anything on social media, make sure you don’t do it in actual time. Because if you do, you’re giving people information on your social media about your location.
9. Always make sure that you do not post anything on your social media with your address or phone number on it.
10. When you are giving orders at any grocery store for delivery at your place, make sure you whisper your address or write it down somewhere and give it to the shopkeeper, never say it loudly.
11. Always make your own drinks at parties and don’t ever take drinks from strangers or even friends. Even if you’ve left your drink unattended leave it and get a fresh drink. It may have been spiked when you weren’t around.
12. If someone is after your purse or other material items, throw them one way while you run the other.
13. Don't just depend on any self-defense tool or weapon to stop an attacker. Trust your body and your wits, which you can always depend on in the event of an attack.
14. Lock all doors and keep windows up when driving.
15. rust your gut. If you feel something weird about a situation, get out of it.