Take that summer break now!
Bored of going to all those over-commercialized hill stations of Northern India? Well for you all who prefer the tranquil and lonely hills to the hustle bustle of known hill stations Team AAW tells you five offbeat travel destinations in India where you can relax, enjoy and experience the beauty of mother nature. These places are quite and away from the busy hill stations.
Narkanda offers a spectacular view of snow ranges. An ideal retreat for those who seek seclusion in mountains. It is a gateway to apple country of Himachal Pradesh.
• Distance from Delhi: 429 kms
• Distance from Shimla: 44 kms
• Route: Delhi – Chandigarh – Shimla – Kufri – Theog – Matiana/Narkanda
With a captivating lake, and wonderful treks, Sattal surpasses the beauty of Nainital, Shimla, Kasauli or most of the places in lower Uttarakhand.
• Distance from Delhi:296 kms
• Distance from Kathgodam: 23 kms
• Route: Delhi – Moradabad Bypass – Rampur – Rudrapur – Kathgodam – Sattal
You get to stay in the jungle, 7 kms inside in a village called Kyari, a nice picture postcard location with a Village Safari, nearby wildlife, ethic cottage style resort, lantern
• Distance from Delhi:268 kms
• Distance from Ramnagar:10 kms
• Route: Delhi – Moradabad – Ramnagar
• Tariffs: Rs. 3000-5000 per night on double occupancy (MAP)
• No. of Rooms: 14
• Activities: Safari, Body Surfing, Rappelling, Treks etc.
Founded in 1568,Almora is surrounded by thick forests of pine and fir trees. The rivers Flowing alongside the city are Koshi, (Kaushiki), and Suyal (Salmale). Almora has many noted temples.
• Distance from Delhi:382 kms
• Distance from Kathgodam:126 kms
• Route: Delhi – Moradabad – Rudrapur – Kathgodam – Kainchi Dham – Almora
Pauri is a hidden treasure, the untold story of nature’s best painting. Unarguably, Pauri boasts one of the most beautiful sunsets. It is also known as India’s Switzerland for its natural beauty.
• Distance from Delhi:337 kms
• Drive from Rishikesh:3 hrs drive
• Route:> Delhi – Hardwar – Rishikesh – Devprayag – Pauri OR Delhi – Najibabad – Kotdwara – Jwalpa Devi – Pauri
With inputs from V Resorts( India’s first limited service chain of resorts located at offbeat destinations.)