Here is the recipe for Yule Log Cake & Christmas Wreath to Share:
CHRISTMAS WREATH TO SHARE:
– 80 Gr of prunes
– 80 Gr of chopped almonds
– 80 Gr of candied oranges
– 80 Gr of blond grapes
– 50 Gr of Cointreau
On a board, using a knife, cut the prunes and candied oranges into cubes.
Put everything in a mixing bowl and let macerate for 24 hours.
- 500 Gr of flour
- 12 Gr of salt
- 50 Gr of caster sugar
- 60 Gr of baker’s yeast
- 240 Gr of eggs
- 80 Gr of milk
- 50 Gr of sourdough
- 250 Gr of butter
- In a mixer bowl fitted with a hook, put all the ingredients except the butter.
- Knead until the dough comes off the bowl coating.
- Add the butter little by little and let the dough take off from the bowl.
- Then add the garnish to macerate.
- Leave to rise for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Break the dough, place on a baking sheet fitted with a sheet of parchment paper, wrap in film and refrigerate.
- Weigh at 30 Grand shape into a ball.
- Make a crown with 7 balls, put a 6cm circle in the middle, and let grow for 2 hours at 25 ° C.
- 40 Gr of egg yolks
- 40 Gr of egg whites
- 20 Gr of milk
- 2 Gr of salt
- 2 Gr of caster sugar
- Mix everything together and brown with a brush.
- Bake at 160 ° C for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a rack.
- QS of neutral topping
- QS of candied orange peel
- QS of grain sugar
- QS of raw caramelized almonds
- Heat the topping and mix with 10% water.
- Cover the brioche entirely.
- On the side put grain sugar.
- Decorate the top with the rest of the ingredients.
YULE LOG CAKE:
- – 900 Gr of guanaja mousse
- – 340 Gr of creamy cocoa grué
- – 325 Gr of lemon marmalade
- – 300 Gr of cocoa pâte à choux biscuit
- – 340 Gr of dacquoise cocoa nibs
- – 400 Gr of glossy black icing
- – 200 Gr of chocolate decoration
- – 75 Gr of caster sugar
- – 75 Gr of water
- – 120 Gr of egg yolks
- – 50 Gr of eggs
- – 280 Gr of 70% guanaja chocolate
- – 400 Gr of liquid cream
- Melt the chocolate at 60 ° C.
- Whip the cream and keep it in the fridge.
- In a bain-marie, heat the eggs and the egg yolks to 40 ° C, then whip them with a mixer.
- Melt the sugar in water at 110 ° C and pour in the whipped eggs and make a bomb dough.
- Whisk the hot chocolate with whipped cream.
- Add the bomb dough and mix with a spatula.
- Pour 900 Gr of the preparation per mold
- The foam will dominate of approximately 10%
CACAO NIBS CREAM
- – 158 Gr of liquid cream
- – 105 Gr of milk
- – 53 Gr of cocoa nibs
- – 11 Gr of caster sugar
- – 11 Gr of coconut sugar
- – 4.5 Gr of pectin 325 NH 95
- Roast the cocoa nibs in the oven at 150 ° C for 10 minutes.
- Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan and add the roasted nibs.
- Infuse for 1 hour filmed.
- Pass through a chinese, then reweigh and add the missing amount of liquid with cream.
- Add the sugar and pectin mixture.
- Mix with a whisk and bring to a boil.
- Clear, film and let cool.
- – 185 Gr of lemon
- – 23 Gr of caster sugar
- – ½ vanilla bean
- – 93 Gr of lemon juice
- – 2 Gr of pectin 325 NH 95
- Cut the lemons into slices and blanch them 3 times.
- In a saucepan, put the lemon slices, the lemon juice and the 1st sugar.
- Cook over low heat.
- Add the sugar and pectin mixture and bring to a boil.
- Clear and cool.
- Chop with a knife.
COCOA PÂTE À CHOUX BISCUIT
- – 28 Gr of milk
- – 31 Gr of butter
- – 2 Gr of fine salt
- – 36 Gr of T55 flour
- – 6 Gr of cocoa powder
- – 32 Gr of eggs
- – 52 Gr of egg yolks
- – 78 Gr of egg whites
- – 37 Gr of caster sugar
- Bring the milk, butter and fine salt to a boil.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder off the heat and mix.
- Gradually add the eggs and yolks and smooth.
- Whip the egg whites and tighten with the sugar.
- Mix the two masses together.
- Spread with an angled spatula on a Silpat.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 8 minutes.
- Place on the grid and cool.
- 1 yule log cake should be 17×52 cm.
DACQUOISE GRUÉ COCOA
- – 200 Gr of almond powder
- – 200 Gr of mixed cocoa nibs
- – 200 Gr of icing sugar
- – 300 Gr of brown sugar
- – 100 Gr of T55 flour
- – 500 Gr of egg whites
- – 100 Gr of brown sugar
- – 60 Gr of cocoa nibs
- Mix the cocoa nibs in a food processor.
- Combine the mixed nibs, almond powder, icing sugar, brown sugar, and flour.
- Whip the whites with the whisk and tighten with the brown sugar.
- Mix with the powders.
- Spread out in a 1 cm frame. (1.313 Kg)
- Sprinkle the 60 Gr of cocoa nibs on it.
- Bake at 170 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Place on the grid and let cool.
- Cut into a rectangle 7.5 cm wide, 52 cm long.
GLOSSY BLACK ICING
- 12 Gr of fish gelatin
- 72 Gr of water
- 250 Gr of caster sugar
- 200 gr of liquid cream
- 74 Gr of glucose
- 100 Gr of water
- 80 gr of cocoa powder
- Mix the water and gelatin in a bowl and refrigerate.
- In a saucepan, put the caster sugar, liquid cream, glucose, and water and bring to a boil.
- Off the heat, add the cocoa powder, mix with a whisk and bring to a boil.
- Mix with a hand blender and add the gelatin.
- Pass through a Chinese and store in a cool place.
- 300 Gr of Guanaja chocolate 70%
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and temper it.
- Spread out between two acetate sheets and cut out rectangles 2cm wide by 3cm long.
- For the tips, sprinkle cocoa powder on an acetate sheet, pour chocolate, add a second acetate sheet, and spread. Cut out around 9cm in diameter and cut the base 8cm from the top.
- Cut the yule log cake to 18cm.
- Melt the glaze at 28°C and glaze the yule log cake.
- Then arrange the rectangles in staggered rows.
- Put on the end caps.
- Pack it in a box.