Here is a list of countries that held politicians for flouting COVID norms:
Some countries in the world stick to the COVID-19 lockdown and safety regulations very strictly. And to witness this we have instances when not just the ordinary people but political leaders were also held accountable for breaking such rules. It is so good to see such determination for the safety of everyone. Here is a list of times when international politicians were asked to follow COVID rules just like ordinary people:
- When Norway’s PM, Erna Solberg was fined $2,410 for throwing a birthday party for herself.
- Prime Minister of Thailand Prayuth Chan-o-cha was fined $190 for not wearing a face mask.
- Margaret Ferrier, Scottish National Party MP, was arrested for traveling to London while she was COVID positive.
- The British Prime Minister’s father Stanley Johnson apologized for shopping without a face mask on.
- Don Harwin, New South Wales cabinet minister was fined $1,000 and also had to resign for breaking COVID safety rules.
- Dutch justice minister Ferd Grapperhaus was fined $542 for breaking social distancing rules while at his wedding.
Such strict actions are needed all over the world.