Check out details: Tractor Rally By Farmers Near Delhi Today, Traffic Diversions:
A 135-KM six-lane arc that surrounds the National Capital Region and acts as a high-speed thoroughfare for cargo trucks will be full of tractors today, driven by farmers who have been camping on the highways in and around Delhi in protest against new farm laws. The tractor rally, called by some 40 farmer unions, will run on the Western Peripheral Expressway that starts at Ghaziabad and ends in Palwal. The Police have asked people to avoid this expressway. Here are some points that you should keep in mind:
- Some diversions are made at several points on Eastern Peripheral Expressway today. Police in Gautam Buddh Nagar near Delhi have said vehicles won’t be allowed to get on the expressway
- Those coming from Sirsa’s side and Beel Akbarpur towards Sonipat won’t be allowed to get on the expressway from 2 pm to 5 pm, the police said.
- The tractor rally is being organized by Sanyuta Kisan Morcha. It will start from Ghaziabad and go to Palwal in Haryana and then return on the same route.
- The Delhi Traffic Police has been tweeting updates on which roads to avoid. It said Singhu, Auchandi, Piau Maniyari, Saboli, and Mangesh borders are shut for traffic
- Last month, the Supreme Court had ordered that a special committee be formed, insisting that the center’s negotiations have failed. “Your negotiation will again fail as they (the farmers) won’t agree,” said the bench led by Chief Justice of India SA Bobde.
- The tractor rally was planned for Tuesday; however, bad weather forced the farmers to defer the rally by a day. “
- The farmers have said they will take out another tractor rally on January 26. “We will send 10 tractor-trollies from every village in Haryana. We request people to come, at least one from each house,” farmer leader Joginder Nain said.
- The farmers are firm that they will not accept anything less than a repeal of the laws. They also want a law that guarantees the minimum support price