Here are some ways to take care of young children if the parents have tested positive.
The COVID-19 cases are on the rise and people are getting infected rapidly. The hospitals and medical care facilities are under pressure and those who have mild symptoms have been asked to quarantine at home.
If you have a child at home and have been tested positive, you can make some arrangements so that they can be taken care of, while you recover. Here is how you can do that:
- Ask an adult to take over. If you require hospitalization and your child is young, you can ask an adult in the family to look after them while you recover.
- Explain to your child what is happening and make them understand the situation. Assure them that things will get better and you will soon be back with them.
- Speak to the management of your society and understand how they can help in this situation.
- Prepare for home quarantine if your symptoms are mild. Take a room where the washroom is only used by you so that your other family members stay protected.
- Ask your children to wear masks, even in the house if one of the parents is COVID-19 positive.
- Monitor your symptoms regularly and be easy on yourself. It is not possible to control everything and be patient while your recover from COVID-19.
Here are some ways to take care of children if the parents have tested positive. Remember to be prepared and ask for help from your family members.