Check out the side effects of the covid-19 vaccine:
As we know Covid-19 vaccines are on the way, with options from Pfizer and Moderna already undergoing the FDA’s emergency approval process, this means we have already started thinking about the side effects. Here is what the experts are saying about the three vaccine candidates.
What Are the Side Effects of the Pfizer Vaccine?
The vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech, determined to be 95-percent effective at preventing COVID-19, has reported several common side effects.
- Injection site reactions, reported by 84 percent of trial participants
- Fatigue, reported by 63 percent of trial participants
- Headaches, reported by 55 percent of trial participants
- Chills, reported by 32 percent of trial participants
- Joint pain, reported by 24 percent of trial participants
- Fever, reported by 14 percent of trial participants
The side effects were also more likely to occur after the second dose of the vaccine.
What Are the Side Effects of the Moderna Vaccine?
Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine is 94.5 percent effective and, as per the study it has mostly mild or moderate side effects. These included:
- Injection site pain or redness
- Muscle pain
- Joint or muscle pain
We hope the vaccines come soon and without any side effects.