Check out some ways to deal with a messed up menstrual cycle because of the pandemic:
There are numerous factors that impact our menstrual cycle. High levels of stress and anxiety and underlying health conditions like PCOS or endometriosis can mess your cycle. Recently, doctors reported that during the pandemic a very high number of women have irregular periods. Covid-19 has caused enormous psychological stress, and this can cause changes in the menstrual cycle.
Some women have faced issues such as occurrences of two cycles in the same month, delayed periods, heavier/lighter periods, longer periods, or extreme PMS symptoms.
Women who manage both professional and personal responsibilities found it difficult to balance work, their children, and household chores. This impacted their mental health and their menstrual health as well. Thus they suffered changes in their menstrual health.
Ways to deal with it:
- Start exercising and meditation. This might help your body to focus and release stress.
- You can perform Yoga, it will help in getting your normal cycle back
- Drink lots of water and have healthy food
- Discuss with your doctor if you feel the need
- Take pills as and when required
- Avoid sugar and refined carbs
- Exercise regularly