Keep these tips in mind before getting vaccinated for COVID-19.
The centre has allowed people in the age group of 18-44 years to get vaccinated from 1st May after registering themselves on the CoWIN portal. The vaccine shot can be received at both, private and government hospitals.
The vaccine will be available for people above the age of 44 as well and the frontline workers can also get vaccinated. Registration option for the vaccine opens on 28th April.
Now that we are entering the next phase of the vaccination drive, there are a few important things to keep in mind as they can be helpful for people who have any doubts in mind. Here are the things to take care of.
- Upload the required document while registering on the CoWIN app. Find out which documents are required and keep them ready.
- If you are on steroids, stop taking them at least a week before getting vaccinated.
- Do not consume alcohol or smoke cigarettes a few days before getting vaccinated.
- Make sure you are well hydrated as not consuming enough water can make the symptoms worse for you.
- Take the vaccine shot on your non-dominant hand as some swelling and inflammation can be expected.
- Expect mild symptoms within a few days. If you are experiencing any pain, you can take painkillers on the advice of your doctor.
Here are some tips that you will find helpful. If you have any health condition or are currently undergoing any treatment, speak to your doctor before getting vaccinated for COVID-19.