Things you must follow while performing Lakshmi Puja on Diwali :
Diwali season is on and the auspicious festival is just one day away. Everyone is busy cleaning their homes, shopping and celebrating these festive days. Apart from pre-Diwali preparation, what is important is the Laksmi puja which is done on Diwali night. we get so busy that we forget some important things that we must follow while performing the Laxmi puja, like the directions of the idols and things to keep in Puja. So here is the list of things you should follow while doing puja.
- You must set up the platform in the north-east corner of your house.
- You should not set the Puja platform in your kitchen or bedroom. It is believed that worshipping on these places is bad.
- Clean the place properly before setting up the idols and it is good if the color of the background wall is yellow or light blue, these colors are considered to be good.
- Placing the idols is the main step, first of all, place a Kalash on the platform then place Lord Ganesha’s idol on the right side of the Kalash (South-West direction). Place the idol of Goddess Lakshmi on the left side.
- Also, place the idol of Kuber ji in the puja.
- Also, keep some money, books, and diyas on the platform. And do not forget to place Shri yantra, it is very important for the ceremony.
- All the family members should sit facing towards the North-East direction.
- You must recite Maha Lakshmi Mantras during the puja ceremony.
- According to Shashtra, you should not buy standing idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi, as they are considered to be a sign of bad luck. The idols must be in sitting position.
Besides this, all that is required for a fruitful puja is pure devotion.