On the the occasion of International Women’s day, we at Team AAW decided to thank the ladies who made our country proud by their remarkable performance in sports. In our country where women are not encouraged much to actively participate in sports these lovely and hard working women have made outstanding contributions to the field of sports.
- Mary Kom Mangte Chungneijang also known as Mary Kom is a an Indian boxer and a mother of two. She is a five-time World Boxing champion, and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships. Priyanka Chopra is playng Mary Kom in her biopic drected by Sanjay Leela Bansali.
- Sania Nehwal This Indian badminton player is the first Indian to win a medal in Badminton at the Olympics.The lady has won many pregious awards and tittle. Recently she has defeated World Championship bronze medalist P.V. Sindhu 21-14, 21-17 to win the Women's Singles of India Open Grand Prix Gold Tournament.
- Sania Mirza This professional Indian tennis player holds the record for being the highest ranked Indian player for over a decade in between 2003–2013. Sania Mirza has been awarded with both Arjuna and Padma Shri for her achievements. Sania is married to Pakistani cricket Shoaib Malik.
- Tania Sachdev This Indian chess player holds the titles of International Master and Woman Grandmaster. Sachdev was second runner-up in 38th National Women's Premier Chess Championship at Chennai and also won Bronze Medal on Board 3 with a score of 9/11 in the Istanbul Chess Olympiad 2012, Turkey.
- Sharmila Nicollet Sharmila Nicollet is an Indo French professional golfer from Bangalore. She is the youngest Indian golfer to qualify for Ladies European Tour. She is also the second Indian to earn a full card on the Ladies European Tour.Nicollet won the 2009–2010 Order of Merit on the Women's Golf Association of India.
- Prachi Tehlan Titled as “Queen of Court” by The Times of India Prachi has been the Captain of the Indian Netball Team in Commonwealth Games 2010. Indian team won its first medal under in 1st South Asian Beach Games held at Hambantota, Sri Lanka in 2011. Prachi has played both Basketball and Netball at professional level and has won various medals during her more than 11 years of active sporting career.
- Mithali Raj She is is the captain of the Indian Women's cricket team and also one of the best players among other women cricketers. Mithali Raj held the record for the highest individual score by an Indian Woman Cricketer in a World Cup match 2005 (91 notout of 104 deliveries). At the 2013 Women's World Cup, Mithali started as the no.1 cricketer in the ODI chart among women.