Here is how you can clean your fruits and vegetables clean according to guidelines released by FSSAI.
Most of us are trying to stay safe and minimize interaction with the outer world for safety reasons. Staying at home and not stepping out at all is impossible as people have to get out of the house at least to get essentials and food.
Fruits and vegetables are something that every household requires so it is important to make sure they are clean and free of any germs. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has released guidelines to keep raw fruits and vegetables clean and how to keep them free of coronavirus. Here are some tips that you can follow if you are worried and want to know about effective ways to clean your raw produce.
- Keep the fruits and vegetables in an isolated area in the packaging they were brought in. Leave it alone for some time.
- Add 50ppm chlorine to a tub of warm water and use it to soak fruits and vegetables. You can also use just lukewarm water if chlorine is not available.
- After this, wash the fruits and vegetables under drinking water before consumption.
- Do not use disinfectant sprays, sanitizers, soap, or wipes to clean your fruits and veggies. Warm water works just fine.
- Avoid storing fruits and vegetables in freezers. Clean them well and store them at normal room temperature.
Here are some tips to keep your fruits and vegetables free of coronavirus. Apart from this, make sure you maintain a safe distance from people and vendors and always wear a mask while heading outside.