The battle between green tea and infused tea have been confusing people everywhere. We all know how green tea is supposed to be super healthy and has a number of other benefits, but so does infused tea.
People who are addicted to green teas might find it difficult to switch, but if health is their primarily concern, then they should definitely start drinking infused tea. Infused tea, also known as flavored tea can be made in different flavors.
Flavored teas basically have a green or black tea base, which is mixed with brew of different leaves, flowers or other organic items which can add taste, flavor and improve health benefits of drinking tea.
GV Shashidhar, brew master and founder of Tsakafi, New Delhi, says that the current method of Indians making tea is really harmful. According to him infused teas are full of antioxidants so its good for health too.
- Due to green tea being less fermented and oxidized, they are healthy but not really tasty. It is hard to develop a taste for green tea. Whereas on the other hand, infused tea give us the best of both worlds. Infused teas are the perfect blend of immunity improving powers. By using natural ingredients such as mint, ginger, chamomile or jasmine to a green or black base tea, infused tea adds color, flavor and taste to the tea.
- Infusions have many other added benefits too. For example, chamomile helps to enhance metabolism, ginger helps the sinuses, increasing alkalinity is helped by lemon, and many more.
- Another reason why you should pick infused tea is that it boosts your energy levels. The added fruit benefit provide you with more energy.
- Infused tea can be consumed in any form. You can drink it both cold and hot. Whereas green tea tastes even worse when cold.’
Here’s a recipe for ginger lemon tea that you must try: (serving 2 people)
- Take 2 cups of water and add 2-3 pieces of ginger to it. Put this on the stove and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Take juice of one large lemon and let the mixture steep for 20-30 minutes.
- After the flavor is pronounced, add any kind of sweetener you prefer.
(Variation: add a few cinnamon sticks to the boiling pan and add lemon juice and ginger to it.)
We hope that this article was useful for you and you make a better choice next time you go tea shopping.