Decided to turn vegan? Here are some useful tips for transition.
Going vegan is definitely not easy. Making up your mind may seem difficult but changing your diet entirely needs more than just determination. Transitioning from a non-vegetarian or even vegetarian diet to a vegan diet can be a little tricky since you would have to change the sources of your nutrients thoughtfully.
Having the proper knowledge and understanding of how to transition safely can make this decision more than just a change of diet and you would be able to sustain it well. Here are some ways to safely turn vegan and in a healthy way.
- Go cold turkey if you have done this in the past. Give up on meat and dairy products entirely and start from there.
- Think of gradually shifting to vegan food items if you don’t know well enough about the ingredients that could be used as replacements. For example, in the first week, you can look for vegan milk options and in another, you could look for vegan protein sources.
- Take a careful look at your diet and see how you typically eat throughout the day. This can also be a good chance for you to adopt healthy eating habits.
- Incorporate more fruits and veggies before bringing any major changes to your diet. Once you get used to it, find delicious recipes to experiment with.
- Look for cuisines that easily accommodate vegans. For example, Mexican and Indian cuisine has a lot of vegan options.
- Be friends with vegan people. Don’t be afraid to reach out to the community of vegans and also learn about the food items that have helped them in their journey.
Here are some tips that will help you at the beginning of your journey. Which tips do you find the most useful?