This is how you can layer your skincare products correctly.
Many people have gravitated towards skincare in the past few years. Having the right skincare products is just as important as layering them correctly. If you have the right product which doesn’t irritate your skin and you are using it consistently, you may not be able to see results because of incorrect layering.
But why does layering matter? Does it really affect the effectiveness of a product?
Yes, it totally does. It may have an impact on penetration and if you are using two active ingredients at once. Applying them in incorrect order can deactivate them and even cause a reaction,
So now that we know why correct layering is important, here is how to do it.
- First and foremost, make sure you always wash your face before starting with your skincare routine.
- Go from products with lighter to heavier texture as they will be absorbed well into the skin this way.
- If you are using both water-based and oil-based products, apply water-based products before the oil-based ones.
- While using acids, go from lower pH products to higher pH products.
- You can use products with lower and higher pH at the same time. But make sure you are keeping a gap of at least 30 minutes between the two so they can work effectively, without causing any reaction.
- If you are using more than two actives in your routine, it is best to apply them during different times of the day.
- While using Vitamin C in your skincare routine, make sure to always apply sunscreen.
Here are some simple tips to help you understand the layering of skincare products. Have a morning and night routine to see the maxim effects of the products and make sure to know which ones are for daily use and which ones are to be used less frequently.
Have you been doing it right?