Here are the highlights of PM Modi’s address to the nation today:
PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation today on the completion of 1 billion vaccine doses. The address comes a day after India scripted history by becoming only the second country after China to reach the one billion COVID-19 vaccinations milestone mark.
PM Modi said: it was not just a number but a symbol of the country’s ability and of “new India”. He also said India’s critics had been silenced. “100 crore vaccine jabs is just not a number. It is the reflection of the capacity of this country, this is a new chapter of the country, a country that knows how to achieve huge targets,” PM Modi said.
— The Times Of India (@timesofindia) October 22, 2021
Check out the Highlights from PM Narendra Modi’s address to the nation:
- On 21st October, India accomplished the target of 1 billion COVID19 vaccinations. This achievement belongs to every individual in the country. “I congratulate every citizen for this feat.”
- This achievement shows The “sense of responsibility” by all 130 Crore citizens is behind this achievement.
- He also said that we should be proud of the fact that India’s entire vaccination program has been ‘science-driven and science-based. It’s based on scientific methods, entirely.
- We ensured that “VIP culture” does not overshadow our vaccination program and everyone is treated equally.
- India’s vaccine campaign is a living example of “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas aur Sabka Prayas”.
- Experts in India and abroad are very positive about India’s economy. Today, not only record investment is coming to Indian companies but new employment opportunities are also being created for the youth.
PM Modi also requested people to be careful during the festive time: I request all to celebrate the upcoming festivals with utmost caution. I appeal to all those who have not taken the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine yet should give utmost priority to getting vaccinated. Those who are vaccinated should encourage others.