Here are all the details about this year’s Republic Day parade:
India is all set to celebrate its 73rd Republic Day and the Delhi police have ruled out a list of restrictions for people attending the parade. From largest flypast to Sixteen marching contingents, and covid restrictions here is a list of everything related to the Republic Day Parade of this year:
- People attending the Republic Day parade must be fully vaccinated against Covid.
- Children below 15 years of age will not be allowed to attend the function.
- People have to adhere to all Covid-protocols, such as wearing face masks and maintaining social distancing, at the program on Rajpath.
- Since parking is limited, visitors have been advised to use a carpool or taxi.
Highlights of the parade:
- The army will be represented by a mounted column of cavalry, 14 mechanized columns, six marching contingents, and a flypast by advanced light helicopters of its aviation wing at the Republic Day parade 2022.
- At this Republic Day parade, there will be the “grandest and largest” flypast ever with the participation of 75 aircraft to mark the ‘Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav’ celebrations.
- The six marching contingents of the Indian Army will be of Rajput Regiment, Assam Regiment, Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry, Sikh Light Infantry, Army Ordnance Corps Regiment, and Parachute Regiment.
- There will be two motor-cycle formations. The women’s team will be of BSF and the men’s team will be of ITBP.
- This year’s parade will also include five Rafale that will fly over the Rajpath in the Vinaash formation.
- 25 tableaux of various states, departments, and armed forces will participate in the parade. The theme for the tableaux is ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, which is meant to commemorate 75 years of Independence.
The parade will be live-streamed on Doordarshan’s YouTube Channel right from PM Modi visiting the National War Memorial at India Gate till the end of the parade.