Here are some useful tips to help you deal with COVID-19 anxiety.
India is seeing a surge in COVID-19 cases and people are unable to find the medical resources needed for treatment. Everyone is trying their best to help each other out and that can be emotionally draining.
Along with others, it is important to take care of yourself and your mental health, and being in a constant state of emergency can take its toll. Here are some ways to ease the anxiety around the current situation:
- Understand that not everything is in your control. Do what you can and leave other things behind without feeling guilty.
- Staying updates is okay till it does not start to drive you crazy. Avoid watching the news all day and absorbing too much information.
- Even if you are at home, you are allowed to feel anxious and worried. Everyone’s emotions are valid.
- Find a way to stay active. You can do basic stretches, light movements, or anything you like. This will help you feel better and take your mind off things going around.
- Talk to people you feel safe around. Video call them and share how you have been feeling about the current situation.
- If you have been helping out, remember to take some time off and ask for help yourself if you feel things are getting out of hand.
- Seek professional help. If you have been experiencing panic attacks and your anxiety is affecting your day-to-day activities, speak to a therapist.
Here are some ways to take care of yourself and reduce the anxiety around COVID-19. Lean on your close circle as genuine support can get you through these tough times.