Clear skin to nourished hair: check out the benefits of sesame seeds:
Sesame seeds are one of the oldest oilseed crops in the world. They provide multiple health and beauty benefits including reducing hypertension and enhancing the digestive system. Also, its anti-aging properties provide many beauty benefits. Here are some more health and beauty benefits of sesame seeds
• The antioxidant properties of sesame help in detoxifying the skin. It absorbs all water toxins and cleanses the skin.
How to do: Prepare a mix of a ½ cup of sesame oil, ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup water. Use this mix regularly to wash your face and get a detoxified bright skin.
• They heal the skin and make it glow. They keep the skin warm and moist and the anti-inflammatory properties heal redness and various skin issues.
How to do: Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons of powder sesame seeds and apply it on your face. Do this once or twice in a week to get the results.
• It helps in getting relief from constipation, thus it enhances the digestive health.
• They nourish the roots and improve hair growth and moisturize the scalp.
How to do: Just add two teaspoons of sesame oil into 3-4 drops of rosemary oil and one tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Now apply this mixture to your scalp and massage it. Rinse your hair and do this twice a week.
• As the seeds have natural antioxidants and natural SPF properties, they protect the skin from sun’s UV rays. Due to these properties, they are used in therapies as well.
• Sesame seeds remove dental plaque and boost oral health. They contain the highest amount of oil content as compared to other oilseeds.
• The seed’s anti-aging property helps in the nourishment of the hair and delay graying.
• Sesame oil helps in deep conditioning damaged, dry and split ends hair. It also helps in maintaining the moisture and strength of the hair.
- Sesame seeds are rich in magnesium that helps prevent hypertension. Polyunsaturated fats and the compound sesamin present in sesame oil are known to keep blood pressure levels in check.