Checkout the recent updates on Indian #MeToo:
So far women from different places have come forward and have been a part of the Indian #MeToo. The movement gained importance after Tanushree Dutta talked fearlessly about Nana Patekar harassing her back in 2008 on the sets of a film. After her there were many who got the courage to speak up about their experiences and here we have the latest updates on the Indian MeToo:
- Actor Aamir Khan has announced his departure from an upcoming project as he came forward with a joint statement with wife Kiran saying “at Aamir Khan Productions we have always had a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual misconduct and predatory behaviour of any kind.” He did so because he was informed about some “sexual misconduct” on the part of the collaborator. Aamir has left Gulshan Kumar’s biopic after allegations of sexual harassment against its director Subhash Kapoor. Here is Aamir’s statement:
— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) October 10, 2018
Subhash Kapoor was accused by actress Geetika Tyagi for sexual harassment in 2014.
- Actress Navneet Nishan and Sandhya Mridul also came up with their #MeToo stories. Sandhya tweeted that Alok Nath had harassed her while shooting. After Renuka Sahane talked about his dual personality and that he is a very different person after he is drunk, these two celebrities have also come up with their experiences with Alok Nath. Vinta Nanda also has accused the actor of sexual assault.
— Sandhya Mridul (@sandymridul) October 10, 2018
- Tanushree Dutta has filed an FIR against Nana Patekar that also includes choreographer Ganesh Acharya, producer Samee Siddhiqui and director Rakesh Sarang for molesting her on the sets of a movie in 2008.
- After Chetan Bhagat was accused of “trying to woo a girl” for which he also came up with an apology on Facebook. The author has now again come on social media saying he is being harassed for things he did not do. He said, “in the garb of the #MeToo movement, which definitely has genuine cases, I am being attacked and vilified.”
- After the #Metoo campaign, AIB has lost its lucrative deals that is said to have been worth crores. After its members were hit by sexual harassment cases, it lost all its assignments. Hotstar has also cancelled its third season of ‘On Air with AIB’ that will not be telecast-ed on Hotstar.
- Union Minister MJ Akbar is again accused by a journalist for assault and molestation. It is the seventh time he is been charged for harassment and misconduct. Earlier six women have accused him saying he molested them.