Check out some fast hacks to get rid of hiccups:
Hiccups are not harmful, they occur when your diaphragm spasms or contracts briefly closing your vocal cords and making the hiccup noise happen. We generally drink water to stop hiccups and only science knows what a scientific hiccup remedy can be. But some tricks might help you to get rid of hiccups. So check out some quick ways to treat hiccups:
What is hiccup?
When something irritates your diaphragm, it can spasm and make you suck air into your throat. And then you get the hiccups.
Check out the tricks below:
- Drink one glass of water quickly
- Gargle with water
- Try to press the palm of your hand with the thumb of your other hand.
- Take a deep breath and hold it then release.
- Stick out your tongue and you will get rid of hiccups.
- Eat something sweet or sour
- Sit down in a comfortable place. Bring your knees to your chest and hold them there for two minutes
- Slowly drink a glass of warm water without stopping to breathe.
- Suck on a lemon, you can add a bit of salt to the lemon slice.
- Rub the skin at the back of your neck, this will stimulate your phrenic nerve.
- Slow breathing: Breath in for a count of five and out for a count of five.
- Suck on the ice cube for a few minutes, then swallow it once it shrinks to a reasonable size.
- Eat one tablespoon of honey, the process of eating will control your breathing and help you get rid of hiccups.