Here are some diet tips for people recovering from covid:
Other than medicines, and treatment one more thing that covid patients need to look after is their diet. It is one of the things that contribute to the quick recovery of people. As people recovering from COVID-19 should concentrate on restoring muscle, immunity, and energy levels, they must have a proper and healthy diet. They should eat a variety of fresh and unprocessed foods every day to get the vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
What you should eat to boost immunity:
- Whole grains such as ragi and oats
- Protein-rich foods like chicken, fish, eggs, paneer, soy, nuts, and seeds
- Fruits and vegetables
- Small amounts of dark chocolate
- Turmeric milk to boost immunity
- For snacks, choose raw vegetables and fresh fruit rather than foods that are high in sugar, fat, or salt.
- Daily, eat 2 cups of fruit (4 servings), 2.5 cups of vegetables (5 servings), 180 g of grains, and 160 g of meat and beans.
- Jaggery and ghee recommended during or post-lunch.
- Avoid foods that are high in salt and sugar.
Here are few options to choose for your meals
Breakfast: Poha/ Dalia / ragi/ bowl of porrridge / oats/ Veg upma + 2 egg whites
Mid-morning: lemon water / coconut water / juice
Lunch: Roti + A bowl of dal + Green vegetable + salad + curd / Khichdi+ curd + salad.
Evening: Nuts / fruits / Ginger tea/ veg or chicken or immunity soup/ sprouts chaat / Kadha
Dinner: Roti + Dal + Sabji + salad / Khichdi + vegetables + salad / Chicken + rice + salad / Roti + paneer sabji + vegetables.