The best way to aid fat loss!
Move over fad diets, the latest 5:2 diet is here. Not only it aids weight loss, it increases energy and makes you feel lighter.
What does 5:2 diet mean?
The 5:2 diet in simple terms means you have to fast for two days and have regular healthy food the other five. Started by British physician Michael Mosley and writer Mimi Spencer’s book it is hailed as a fast diet.
Many Hollywood celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Ben Affleck and Beyonce have tried and are happy with the results and its simplicity.
How does 5:2 work?
5:2 diet is pretty simple and easy to follow. You eat normally five days a week and diet two days a week. On those two days you cut your calorie intake to one fourth of their normal level, so you eat only 500 calories if you are a woman, (600 if you are a man) on any two days of the week. But on five days you have to eat healthy food and never indulge in overeating.
- For 5 days you can eat whatever you like. Although it has to be healthy and low carb.
- You can decide which days you pick for your diet. But the two diet days are non-consecutive. Stick to the 5:2 ratio every week.
- On fasting days, you can decide how to consume your calories. You can have them in one go or spread them throughout the day.
- The 5:2 diet gives the digestive system a break and also reduces aging. The 5:2 diet is a way of fasting and detoxing and claims to promote weight loss.
- But regular light exercise along with diet can aid weight loss.
- The 5:2 Diet works beautifully with Keto diet
Any negatives about the 5:2 diet?
- Many people claim that the 5:2 diet helps aid short term weight loss.
- People also say eating unhealthy for 5 days can derail any dieting process.
- Plus the lack of your nutritional requirements for 2 days a week can make you tired and irritated.
- Many people say that it is difficult to follow this diet long term.
- Diabetics and pregnant women cannot follow this diet. If you have any medical ailment it is best to consult your doctor before starting the diet.
However over the course of my yo-yo dieting I have found 5:2 works only if you are on a low carb diet. Doing it while consuming sugar or carbs is nearly impossible as your plummeting sugar levels make you hangry (hungry and angry!)