Check out some tips to get rid of itchy eyes:
Delhi sees a surge in pollution levels these days. Pollution causes a lot of issues like difficulty in breathing along with cough, cold, congestion, allergies, and headaches are common as the pollution levels surge. Another common symptom of air pollution is people complaining of itching and burning in the eyes. Exposure to smog might be the reason for itchiness and burning sensation in the eyes. Here are some ways to fix it:
- Sprinkle tap water on your eyes
- Avoid using eye makeup: Try to avoid doing eye makeup when you are experiencing irritation in your eyes. Also, maintain good hygiene, Wash your hands and face constantly.
- Wash your hands often and try not to touch your eyes
- Avoid the excessive use of screen devices, including mobile phones and laptops.
- Stay hydrated as it will help in adequate tear formation. Drinking eight to ten glasses of water will be good for your health.
- Wear sunglasses when outdoors.
- Consume foods rich in Vitamin A to improve eye health, and a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids including lots of green leafy vegetables.
- Use normal eye drops that are easily available at the chemist’s store.
Keep a note of the air quality index and avoid visiting areas that are highly polluted. Stay health!